A small team in Charleston, South Carolina, Ibu collaborates with over 100 women's groups in 40 countries, providing living wages, and because of that, also self-respect, a voice in their communities, and food for their families. About 70% of our products are designed in the Ibu Studio and crafted by these groups, offering you unique items found nowhere else. The remaining 30% of what we sell is bought wholesale from the artisans at a more-than-fair-trade price, creating livelihood, collegiality, and bonds of friendship between Ibu allies and artisans.

Seven Sisters, Kyrgyzstan

The seven Sharshembieva sisters remember watching their grandmother lay felted patterns down to make carpets as she explained the legends held in each design. As nomads, the Kyrgyz used wool felting to depict totems of their tribe and keep yurts warm in the snowy mountains.The sisters took that heritage skill and innovated on silk, creating scarves and apparel which carry forward their rich past and employ women in the making of something new.

SHOP SEVEN SISTERS

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.

Example title

Use this section to explain a set of product features, to link to a series of pages, or to answer common questions about your products. Add images for emphasis.